1. What to do if passport is lost?
Ans: Please go to the nearest Police Station and lodge FIR. Bring the copy of that FIR, copy of lost passport, an application describing the circumstances under which the passport was lost, other document showing ID etc., to the Embassy, for issue of an Emergency Certificate.
2. What is difference between e-visa and visa online/regular visa?
Ans: e-visa is applied online where applicant uploads his/her photographs, other documents and make payments by cards. Visa (Electronic Travel Authorization -ETA) comes on the e-mail of the applicant. Take print out of the visa and you can travel. Applicant need not come to Embassy. Whereas visa online or a regular visa for which the applicant has to visit Embassy of India personally. Make payments at Embassy counter and visa is issued.
3. Can I get visa on arrival in India?
Ans: There is no visa on arrival except for the Nationals of Japan. Applicants should take e-visa or a regular visa (visa on line) before travelling to India.
4. How many times I can avail e-visa in a year?
Ans: e-Visa can be availed for maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
5. Can my authorized representative apply regular visa at Embassy on my behalf?
Ans: No. Applicant has to visit Embassy personally.
6. If my e-visa is rejected?
Ans: If e-visa is rejected you can apply regular visa at the Embassy.
7. I am non Indonesian National on a visa on arrival/tourist/business visa in Indonesia. Can I apply Indian visa from Indonesia?
Ans: Applicants who are not citizens/ residents of the Indonesia and hold a tourist or other short-term visa for Indonesia should normally apply for Indian visas in the countries of their permanent residence. In case of emergency or special circumstances, an application could be made at the Embassy of India. KITAS holders whose normal place of residence is Indonesia, can apply visa from here.
8. Can my visa application be rejected at Embassy or my number of entries be curtailed or type of visa be changed?
Ans: Issue of visa, type and number of entries are decided by Embassy wherein Embassy is not liable to explain reasons to the applicant.